Yeah. The only play there is an inside handoff
10/3/2026 6:55:25 PM
You can just snap the ball at 1 on the play clock. This makes no sense
10/3/2026 6:59:05 PM
Omg before that replay I about lost my mind
10/3/2026 7:00:01 PM
Clearly down. But what the absolute fuck
10/3/2026 7:00:07 PM
NEVER ANY DOUBT
10/3/2026 7:00:54 PM
You can just snap the ball at 1 on the play clock. This makes no sense Do you not trust WW to run the clock down?
10/3/2026 7:01:09 PM
We almost win uglier than we lose
10/3/2026 7:03:17 PM
^^you forgot to switch accounts[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 7:04 PM. Reason : Dms is Justin but forgot the password ]
10/3/2026 7:03:55 PM
Jesus christ
10/3/2026 7:04:20 PM
Never a doubtWake might shit on us next week
10/3/2026 7:05:19 PM
Cj you're talking into a mic, you don't have to yell
10/3/2026 7:06:47 PM
Ok so best I can guess is that using TOs in those situation theoretically lessens the margin for error. Like, maybe less concern about a false start happening or snapping the ball with 4 seconds instead of 1. Which I do think maybe there’s some logic to that if there was a little less time on the clock. Although I think it’s still a bit silly, I guess if I squint I kinda get it. But just to review the situation…Ahead of the 2 minute warning, ran the clock down to 2:07 then called a TO. This one is especially dumb because all you have to do is run any play and keep the clock moving, and then it’ll stop at 2 mins regardless. Snap the ball with 2:15, you have 1 play till the 2 minute warning. Snap it was 2:07, same thing. Snap it at 2:26 and still…same thing. The TO gains you nothing because you can’t kill any extra time there with the 2 min warning looming. Then the other TO…it was 2nd and 9 coming out of 2 min warning. WW runs for 5 yards bringing up 3rd and 4 and we run the clock down to 1:13 before calling TO. If you don’t get the first down, you’re giving them the ball back and we have no 0 TOs left at this point. Seems like you might want a TO in the event UL gets the ball back. If WW rushes for, say, 2 yards and doesn’t get the first down then there’s like 1:05 left and the clock is ticking down..you can kill 40 seconds on the play clock to take it down to roughly :25 before deciding to go for it or kick the FG. Or maybe even use the TO then to decide what you wanna do. Especially since the third down play call was to keep WW in and run the WW play, there was no need to design some play…we were doing the WW run all along. All 3 TOs in the 4th Q were dumb. The one before the punt was silly but I can see a coach just panicking and burning one there. Fine, that happens. But the other 2 were premeditated and intentional. A specific strategy that they were prepared for. And I really don’t get it
10/3/2026 8:58:31 PM
The problem with giving the benefit of the doubt is there is a pattern of stupid ass time outs going back a few seasons now imo without any evidence to back that up
10/3/2026 9:03:10 PM
Re 1st time out: A FBS College head coach shouldn’t be panicking on a fourth down late. If a player called it (I doubt it) then I’d be fine with panic. I agree with the assessment above about all three second half timeouts being boneheaded
10/3/2026 9:58:34 PM
We’ve also had to burn TOs ahead of the Will Wilson package multiple times this year. It’s like there’s no planning ahead. No discussion on 2nd down of “hey if it’s 3rd and 1 after this we’re gonna bring in WW”. Or on 3rd down, “hey if it’s 4th and 1 after this play we’re punting no matter what or we’re going for it no matter what”. Just taking it all play by play and then wasting TOs in the lead up to that. Also WW fumbling (although he was down) last night was funny (in a tragic way) based on the discourse of the Vandy game and of WW or CJ should’ve been in at that time.Not saying I could be a college coach, but I’ve played enough NCAA Football and Madden and even fucking Tecmo Super Bowl in my youth to know when to use TOs. [Edited on October 4, 2026 at 8:54 AM. Reason : H]
10/4/2026 8:50:18 AM