Street Triple R:
New mirrors, new handlebar, controls remounted correctly, all tacky mismatched aftermarket fluid caps replaced with black aluminum ones, new fender, couple of new plastic trim pieces (original ones broken by hamfisted idiot previous owner not knowing how to remove/reinstall), fender attachment correct bolts replaced with correct parts, all dopey stickers and their adhesive residue removed. Blocky, clashing red handlebar clamp replaced with an original aluminum Triumph part.
...then had a super weird electrical issue, where the kill switch (on the right side) was toggling the high/low beam lights (which has the switch on the left side). Starter switch wouldn't work at all. Finally found an aluminum shaving in the left side switchgear (from where I drilled the new bars to mount everything) shorting things out.
Lotus 7 clone:
Not really advertised for sale yet, but I have 2 potential buyers just off of mentioning it on the LoCost forum. Cleaned it up and took a bunch of pictures for them. One of them is calling me tomorrow to discuss it (other one hasn't responded yet, but then, I emailed him at dinnertime on Thanksgiving, so I'm not expecting a replay soon.)
ordered a stainless Keihan exhaust from the UK. Now that the Triumph is squared away, I'll start working on the BMW. Got the heads rebuild, full new exhaust, wheels powder coated and new tires mounted...thought about stripping the whole bike down to the frame and powdercoating everything, then repainting the body to make it perfect, but it's in pretty good shape and I think I'm just gonna keep it original. Just need to put it back together now.
Uhh...I put gas in it yesterday. Changed the oil/filter/air filter/cabin air filter/wiper blades a couple of weeks ago. Had Discount Tire rotate/rebalance the tires (free)--as usual, they fucked up a wheel stud, so now I have to go get it replaced (on their dime).
237,500 miles now...STILL nothing but scheduled maintenance and consumables (tires, wipers, front brakes...still on the original rears) with the following exceptions:
-a piece of rubber that got yanked out of the roof channel by an automatic carwash.
-front struts replaced at 170k miles, just because RockAuto had some on clearance for practically nothing
-3x wheel studs fucked up by tire shops
-Wore a hole through the driver's floor mat, so replaced those with all-season mats.
So, basically...zero failures in 237k miles.
[Edited on November 22, 2018 at 8:33 PM. Reason : ]
11/22/2018 8:23:58 PM
Hmm, forgot about this thread.
Back in September I installed the following on the Cayman:
Ohlins Road & Track coilover system
Front OEM lower control arms
Ground Control front camber plates
OEM rear upper strut mounts
Tarett solid metal bushings for rear lower thrust arm attachment point
Ride height lowered 20mm, suspension corner weighted, and camber set to -2.0F -2.3R
Love the way she drives now. Was brilliant at the track 2 weekends ago.
[Edited on November 26, 2018 at 9:13 AM. Reason : ]
11/26/2018 9:12:13 AM