User not logged in - login - register
Home Calendar Books School Tool Photo Gallery Message Boards Users Statistics Advertise Site Info
go to bottom | |
 Message Boards » » *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*Its GOING to SNOW*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.* Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115, Prev Next  
TKE-Teg
All American
42531 Posts
user info
edit post

Page 114 says let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

12/6/2018 4:57:30 PM

HOOPS SHALOM
All American
1489 Posts
user info
edit post

Updated Forecast from the most credible, Darksky.com They use isometrics for their predictions.



[Edited on December 6, 2018 at 11:20 PM. Reason : Let it snow baby!]

12/6/2018 11:19:20 PM

dmspack
very good poster
17599 Posts
user info
edit post

^....so what location/area is that prediction for?

12/7/2018 6:34:18 AM

Dynasty2004
Bawls
4197 Posts
user info
edit post

Dark Sky is usually spot on for me. but fuck them calling for 10-15 inches in Oxford on Sunday and 2-5 on Monday

12/7/2018 6:51:47 AM

DROD900
All American
24084 Posts
user info
edit post

Allan Huffman (raleighwx) has been pretty aggressive with his predictions as well. WRAL is barely calling for anything.

I've got plans this weekend to drive to wilmington and back Saturday/Sunday. How are my roads going to be???

12/7/2018 7:38:57 AM

Dynasty2004
Bawls
4197 Posts
user info
edit post

just depends on where the line is, but your roads should be fine.

12/7/2018 7:59:18 AM

dtownral
All American
23591 Posts
user info
edit post

^^ he's wrong every time

12/7/2018 8:24:19 AM

dtownral
All American
23591 Posts
user info
edit post

NWS still just says gross cold rain with a little snow and sleet in the middle, this is the forecast at RDU:

12/7/2018 8:28:58 AM

Dynasty2004
Bawls
4197 Posts
user info
edit post

Wral is upping the totals now.

12/7/2018 8:32:12 AM

dtownral
All American
23591 Posts
user info
edit post

NWS hour-by-hour forecast tool must not update as frequently, here is NWS forecast as of an hour ago:

12/7/2018 8:41:42 AM

Dynasty2004
Bawls
4197 Posts
user info
edit post

Oxford is fucked..

12/7/2018 9:11:05 AM

cptinsano
All American
11632 Posts
user info
edit post

WARM

NOSE

12/7/2018 9:17:32 AM

ussjbroli
All American
4512 Posts
user info
edit post

Saw a sounding that had RDU getting half an inch of freezing rain after the Sunday snow. FUCK OFF with that shit

12/7/2018 11:39:47 AM

synapse
play so hard
56328 Posts
user info
edit post

Your power lines are fine

12/7/2018 12:12:27 PM

dtownral
All American
23591 Posts
user info
edit post

https://twitter.com/ABC11_WTVD/status/1071184940736356354

lol

12/7/2018 6:33:51 PM

natureboy
All American
2055 Posts
user info
edit post

Love the maps and projections, keep em coming. We better get some snow, nothing worse than 33 and rainy.

12/7/2018 10:32:50 PM

Dynasty2004
Bawls
4197 Posts
user info
edit post

its gon happen

12/8/2018 9:52:41 AM

synapse
play so hard
56328 Posts
user info
edit post

Good thing Allan Huffman (raleighwx) is "wrong every time"

Your roads will be fine.

12/8/2018 10:33:36 AM

dtownral
All American
23591 Posts
user info
edit post

Tell me which storm his forecast has been accurate, I'll wait

[Edited on December 8, 2018 at 1:28 PM. Reason : NWS usually the best forecast ]

12/8/2018 1:27:37 PM

TreeTwista10
R Tree Ermey
139535 Posts
user info
edit post



your roads are fine

12/8/2018 1:53:03 PM

synapse
play so hard
56328 Posts
user info
edit post

lol

12/8/2018 2:40:50 PM

DROD900
All American
24084 Posts
user info
edit post

Just once I'd like to go into one of these big storms with the confidence that we'll get 8-12 inches of snow (like most of the western part of the state). I'm near the Wake/Johnston line and I don't know if we're gonna get 5 inches or nothing at all.

[Edited on December 8, 2018 at 2:51 PM. Reason : Ase]

12/8/2018 2:50:39 PM

packfootball
All American
1659 Posts
user info
edit post

^I've got 5 inches for you

12/8/2018 3:18:07 PM

DROD900
All American
24084 Posts
user info
edit post

Yummy

12/8/2018 3:37:36 PM

beatsunc
All American
9890 Posts
user info
edit post

The rain gone wash away da snow

12/8/2018 8:08:50 PM

GenghisJohn
bonafide
9830 Posts
user info
edit post

snow in SE Raleigh...but its like 39 degrees out

12/9/2018 1:46:25 AM

Zel
Sa Da Tay
2070 Posts
user info
edit post

rain / snow mix here in cary / morrisville next to park west.

[Edited on December 9, 2018 at 1:51 AM. Reason : also yea wtf its like 35 degrees outside]

12/9/2018 1:51:02 AM

aaronburro
Sup, B
51727 Posts
user info
edit post

Sleeting in Cornelius. I've been amused watching the percentage estimates on accuweather get more and more realistic. They've been calling for "OMFG AT LEAST 12 INCHES!!!" all week. Accuweather has said <10% chance of less than 8 inches most of the week. It was 30% chance of < 8" earlier this evening. Now it's 60% chance of < 6". Give it another two hours, and it'll be 80% chance of < 4".

I get that predictions of doom and gloom sell ads, but it'd be nice to get a legit forecast for once, instead of constant fear-mongering. Surely somebody could make money by being, you know, accurate.

[Edited on December 9, 2018 at 2:15 AM. Reason : ]

12/9/2018 2:12:30 AM

beatsunc
All American
9890 Posts
user info
edit post

WRAL is crackin me up this morning.

12/9/2018 5:17:35 AM

justinh524
Fire Finley
18066 Posts
user info
edit post

^^here at my house we've already got ~2 inches and is supposed to snow all day long. I bet I'll end up with 10 inches when all is said and done.

12/9/2018 5:35:43 AM

BJCaudill21
Not an alcoholic
7653 Posts
user info
edit post

That's what she said

12/9/2018 7:17:41 AM

Nighthawk
All American
19120 Posts
user info
edit post

4"+ already just west of Carrboro and still snowing hard. Fun times!

12/9/2018 8:17:04 AM

ActionPants
All American
9762 Posts
user info
edit post

Sounds like the changeover to freezing rain has already happened in Apex.

12/9/2018 8:45:08 AM

ShawnaC123
All American
46376 Posts
user info
edit post

Woke up to a couple of inches of accumulation in Mebane and it's still coming down pretty good

12/9/2018 9:14:51 AM

raiden
All American
10396 Posts
user info
edit post

got 6.5" near the airport

12/9/2018 9:25:24 AM

synapse
play so hard
56328 Posts
user info
edit post

Allan Huffman (raleighwx) nails another forecast

12/9/2018 10:07:45 AM

BJCaudill21
Not an alcoholic
7653 Posts
user info
edit post

How are the roads?

12/9/2018 10:32:49 AM

GreatGazoo
All American
681 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"Oxford is fucked.. "


Maybe ~ 4"-5" just south of Oxford. Still snow @ 1040.

Am concerned about the increased ice accumulation predicted for later today. But what's a little loss of power when one's roads are fine?

12/9/2018 10:43:40 AM

Nighthawk
All American
19120 Posts
user info
edit post

Got about 7-8" now west of Carrboro. Was just outside and thought it was going to changeover but instead it started snowing a tremendous amount. Still going and piling up. This snow is great for building a snowman with the kids!

12/9/2018 10:56:45 AM

DROD900
All American
24084 Posts
user info
edit post

We got maybe 2" in Garner, slushy wet, nasty snow. Now its rainy, windy and cold as fuck. Seeing all these reports of 8" of fluffy stuff sucks.

12/9/2018 11:36:53 AM

moron
All American
31186 Posts
user info
edit post

Power out for the past hour here in N Raleigh

12/9/2018 12:24:04 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
34553 Posts
user info
edit post

ours has only flickered a few times just outside of downtown

have a feeling it’ll go out during the Panthers game

12/9/2018 12:33:25 PM

GreatGazoo
All American
681 Posts
user info
edit post

Transitioned over to sleet here recently. Two power blips (enough to reset the modem).

12/9/2018 12:54:25 PM

Arab13
Art Vandelay
45110 Posts
user info
edit post

several inches, then sleet, now just rain, just glad it's not cold enough for freezing rain. /fivepoints

12/9/2018 2:43:33 PM

TreeTwista10
R Tree Ermey
139535 Posts
user info
edit post

12/9/2018 5:58:01 PM

justinh524
Fire Finley
18066 Posts
user info
edit post

12/9/2018 6:36:22 PM

KeB
All American
9686 Posts
user info
edit post



Quote :
"Allan Huffman (raleighwx) nails another forecast "


Seems to be pretty close to what happened. What did he drastically miss?



[Edited on December 9, 2018 at 7:10 PM. Reason : ?]

12/9/2018 7:08:01 PM

synapse
play so hard
56328 Posts
user info
edit post

I agree.

12/9/2018 7:34:21 PM

PaulISdead
All American
6767 Posts
user info
edit post

Power been out since 10am

12/9/2018 7:51:19 PM

PaulISdead
All American
6767 Posts
user info
edit post

Back on. My God that was annoying

12/9/2018 9:19:09 PM

 Message Boards » Chit Chat » *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*Its GOING to SNOW*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.* Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115, Prev Next  
go to top | |
Admin Options : move topic | lock topic

© 2018 by The Wolf Web - All Rights Reserved.
The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.
Powered by CrazyWeb v2.37 - our disclaimer.